PnP TerrainCreator - Forum

The PnP TerrainCreator Forum
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:39 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: TurboGliders test pictures
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:02 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:10 pm
Posts: 34
Location: Sweden
Hi,

I've now really begin to understand all commands in pnpTC, and here you have one of my tests.

http://www.snogubben.com/phpBB2/album_pic.php?pic_id=26

Added 2005-07-27
http://www.snogubben.com/phpBB2/album_pic.php?pic_id=31
http://www.snogubben.com/phpBB2/album_pic.php?pic_id=32

Added 2005-08-14
http://www.snogubben.com/phpBB2/album_pic.php?pic_id=36
http://www.snogubben.com/phpBB2/album_pic.php?pic_id=37

I have used the groundtextures I found at download pages.


Last edited by TurboGlider on Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:56 am 
Offline
Programmierdochfix
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 12:53 pm
Posts: 892
Location: Braunschweig
Hi,

thanks for the pic. I took a look at the other images in your gallary too. Im very interested in that road rendering. Could you please translate "Gjord i 3d renderingsprogram" :)
Is it you own rendering program? If so, how do you build the road geometry?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:10 pm
Posts: 34
Location: Sweden
The road is done directly in 3d Studio as a normal mesh with uv-unwrap.

How roadtool in pnpTC will work is another question, but I think the best way is to draw a line were roads shall be, and then you can export the mesh only for the roads and then uv-unwrap in a 3d software. Like I wrote in wish plugin section on this forum.

Or maybe a possibility to make an uv-unwrap directly in pnpTC.

But I think you have to put the road above the heightmaps to have the sharpness.

http://www.snogubben.com/phpBB2/album_pic.php?pic_id=27

The same map but directly in CS engine instead of pnpTC, you see, it works =) But ofcause, the splattingfile do I have to merge into one file (not fun when you use alot of textures :? )


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:37 pm 
Offline
Programmierdochfix
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 12:53 pm
Posts: 892
Location: Braunschweig
I think uv wrapping should be directly within TC, so one can directly see how the street looks within the map.

Quote:
But I think you have to put the road above the heightmaps to have the sharpness.


You're surely right. The road should be an extra geometry. The tricky part is how to avoid z-fighting problems especially if you have continuous LOD.

The road feature will consist of two parts, I think. First of course an additional geometry automatically created and UV mapped by TC. And second in the distance you will surely not want to render extra road geometry, so we will "paint" the texturemap with the road as well. So when you switch from splatting to texturemap in the distance you can turn off road rendering in the distance as well.

Quote:
The same map but directly in CS engine instead of pnpTC, you see, it works =)


Good to see, that it works. I already have an exporter here for 24 bit rgb export, which will result in a much better terrain quality within CS. Will be available tomorrow as beta download too.

Quote:
But ofcause, the splattingfile do I have to merge into one file (not fun when you use alot of textures)


Yes, I believe you :)
Will try to put that in the beta as well. Such an exporter should'nt take longer than a few minutes.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:10 pm
Posts: 34
Location: Sweden
This part shouldn't be in terrain gallery I think =)

Quote:
I think uv wrapping should be directly within TC, so one can directly see how the street looks within the map.


Yeah, that would be a great future.

Quote:
You're surely right. The road should be an extra geometry. The tricky part is how to avoid z-fighting problems especially if you have continuous LOD.

The road feature will consist of two parts, I think. First of course an additional geometry automatically created and UV mapped by TC. And second in the distance you will surely not want to render extra road geometry, so we will "paint" the texturemap with the road as well. So when you switch from splatting to texturemap in the distance you can turn off road rendering in the distance as well.


I think we thought the same way :
1. Draw the road with polyline -> heighmaps between points get smooth.
2. Make road mesh -> pnpTC put this mesh maybe 2cm above heightmap (most case this will be enough) and maybe the uw wrapping goes automatic.

Quote:
Good to see, that it works. I already have an exporter here for 24 bit rgb export, which will result in a much better terrain quality within CS. Will be available tomorrow as beta download too.

Quote:
But ofcause, the splattingfile do I have to merge into one file (not fun when you use alot of textures)


Yes, I believe you :)
Will try to put that in the beta as well. Such an exporter should'nt take longer than a few minutes.


What too say, your the greatest!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:28 pm 
Offline
Programmierdochfix
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 12:53 pm
Posts: 892
Location: Braunschweig
You're right, we're going a bit off topic :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:23 pm 
Offline
Graphicanissimus
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:56 pm
Posts: 252
Location: the other side of the moon
haha, back to the topic again..

Hi TurboGluder :D
all i wanted to add for this picture is.. i really like the wall texture,
it's a great pic at all, and i'd love to see a lightmap on it *g*

just my two cents.
keep up the good ideas


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:09 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:10 pm
Posts: 34
Location: Sweden
Quote:
all i wanted to add for this picture is.. i really like the wall texture,


I've use the texture I was able to download at your download pages. So you already have it! =)

Right now I testing things (pnpTC compatibility with Crystal Space) and don't have time to search all my own texture, it was simplier to use this texture. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:46 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:10 pm
Posts: 34
Location: Sweden
Added some more screenshot at top.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:52 am 
Offline
Graphicanissimus
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:56 pm
Posts: 252
Location: the other side of the moon
Quote:
I've use the texture I was able to download at your download pages. So you already have it! =)

Right now I testing things (pnpTC compatibility with Crystal Space) and don't have time to search all my own texture, it was simplier to use this texture.

whuups, you must be right
my mistake.
anyway, i like your tests. ;)

Quote:
Added some more screenshot at top.


very nice, the lightmaps are working. :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:10 pm
Posts: 34
Location: Sweden
I have add one more screenshot today.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:07 pm
Posts: 116
Location: Atlanta, GA
very nice! that's in CS? you have to show me how to do that :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:10 pm
Posts: 34
Location: Sweden
markd wrote:
very nice! that's in CS? you have to show me how to do that :)


no, that's in pnpTC, but it looks almost like this in CS =)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:28 pm 
Offline
Graphicanissimus
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:56 pm
Posts: 252
Location: the other side of the moon
once again, you've created some very good looking stuff up there TG :D


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron