PnP TerrainCreator - Forum

The PnP TerrainCreator Forum
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:21 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Adjacent sector display
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:56 pm 

It would be good to be able to move from sector to sector while in the sector 3d mode rather than having to go back to the terrain definition. The best might be to use the numeric keys, otherwise a "compass" selection in the tools area (not a menu drop down). Or, perhaps a second navigation window that allowed one to directly select a new sector. That way, when applying a change across a sector boundary one can quickly flip between the sectors to check the continuity. (Yes, I know the tool effects carry unseen into to the adjacent sector).

Also, if the new sector became the "central" sector, then one could progress through the terrain map.

Although less detail would be seen, a editable quad view of 4 sectors would allow one to see changes made as one applies them across sector boundaries.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:58 pm 

Just to add: the more I consider how to work on my terrain, the more I want to advocate being able to work on 4 adjacent sectors on screen in 3d view so that it is easier to make changes (and see them as I work) across sector boundaries.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:57 pm 

Updated request:
1. Allow the showing of a portion of the adjacent sectors in 2d view as in 3d view so one can work across sector boundaries.
2.Allow one to "zoom" in and out to show more or less of the selected and surrounding sectors in the 2d view, preferably by mouse wheel. At least allow one to select the % of the surrounding sectors that is shown.
3. Same for the 3d view which means moving the camera forward and back in the direction of its view, preferably by mouse wheel.
4. Use keys to move from sector to sector in either view.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:31 pm 
Programmierdochfix

1. Do you sometimes look on the planned features list before posting? http://www.pnp-terraincreator.com/user.php?section=Planned

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:07 am 

Thanks for the reminder Ralph :) Currently, I don't keep up with those planned features but it's good to review them. Some nice enhancements coming. But if GameWizard doesn't look at the planned features page I can't fault him since I don't either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:12 pm 

Actually, I try to remember to do so, but sometimes I forget. Anyway it lists: "Displaying/editing surrounding sectors in 2D" with no further details, such as what I have suggested.