PnP TerrainCreator - Forum

The PnP TerrainCreator Forum
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:45 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Bimap import of entire terrain
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:08 pm 

I need to be able to import a heightmap in the definition window that covers the entire terrain and have it broken up and used for the sectors. I have a 11x11 sector grid (see below). I could create a map in photoshop and then break it up into 121 pieces of exactly the correct size, but it would take awhile to do so.

An example (but I would think that this is a general problem) is that I want to have a more-or-less round lake 1500 meters in diameter (the lake is 8 sectors in diameter)surrounded by a hillside from the water's edge up at a 45 deg angle to 600 meters high (like a lake in a caldera). Without having a mask capability yet (as I requested), I used solid colored textures to outline the lake, one sector at a time (a bit tedious). Then I experimented with editing the terrain to pull up the hillside, but that is not workable because it will take too long going from point to point and if one overshoots, there is no "squash" function. It also cannot be done by creating the height map in the 2d mode because the textures are not shown as a guide and besides there is no way to get the slope to what I want, especially doing one sector at a time, unless I spend days working in the 3d view.

So, I am hoping that adding this request is not big deal. Or, perhaps someone has a way to accomplish this that I haven't thought of. Otherwise, I'm not certain what I will do.

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:16 am 
Programmierdochfix

Import for the whole terrain is already on the todo list.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:52 am 

Great. Perhaps I will go off and do some models while waiting.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]