PnP TerrainCreator - Forum

The PnP TerrainCreator Forum
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:43 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Terrain masks
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:48 pm 

What about being able to use a .png file as an overall overlay (with an on/off) for the definition and detailed maps that is not a part of the terrain. That way one could create a mask of lines (or areas) in photoshop or ? to use as a guide to where various areas and objects are to go when working in the detail mode. Just a thought.

ps. For example, one could create a map with paper and pencil and then scan it in. It might be especially helpful for large terrains with many sectors.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:22 am 

You can import a image as a height map...you could if you want do your entire world in photoshop...import in as sectors and job done...

When you first create your sector (the little grey square) right click on it and then import...the image must be the right size of course.. 512x52 etc...but..there ya go

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:26 am 
Programmierdochfix

What you mean, wizard, is a bit different from importing a final heightmap. You just want to overlay a gross sketch of the terrain as "guideline" for the terrain creation, right. Sounds like an interesting idea. I'll think about, how we can add such a feature in the future. Unfortunately, I'm currently a bit stuck with different things, so I cannot spend as much time for the TC as I'd like to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:15 am 

Right. I am not refering to importing a height map. Just an overlay that one could create on paper with pencil and scan in, or create a black & white one in photoshop. One could delineate where buildings and other non-terrain objects are to go, as well as terrain features. It would be like turning a reference grid on and off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:13 am 
Programmierdochfix

OK, maybe it would also be nice to draw such things directly within TC (like a simple paint program). Let's see, what we can do.