PnP TerrainCreator - Forum

The PnP TerrainCreator Forum
It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:51 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Slope/Ramp creation
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:29 pm 

I came up with a great idea to create nice gentle slopes or ramps, tell me what you think.

You would set the heights/points of the start of the slope/ramp then choose how wide you want the slope/ramp to be.

So say like I have 2 points A and B. A is at height 7 and B is at height 1. I can make a slope from point A to be that is say 4 squares wide.

Now the program would calculate each point based on how far away the points are. So if A was like 50 squares from B then each square between them would be like a drop of 0.6. If point A was only 3 squares from point B then it would calculate each square to drop approx 2m.

If you specify a width of say 5, then the 5 squares perpindicular to the slope line at each point would be made the same height.

I hope this makes sense, and I imagine it would be very hard to implement, but it would be oh so useful for so many things (especially the terrain for my game).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:19 pm 
Programmierdochfix

Hi, yes, that sounds really nice.

But it will require the possibility for selecting multiple terraine elements. Currently the terrain element selection continuously follows the mouse motions.

However, we scheduled userinterface improvements with multiple selection for the release after 1.1.10 (so after the next one), which will make methods like this possible.

You can even think about more elaborated things like spline paths, height profiles along those paths...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:45 am 

Yeah I had more things like that in mind.

I feel there is a severe lack of the ability to create nice gentle even slopes at the moment. I will be very appreciative if you put this in :)

Post subject: Re: Slope/Ramp creation
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:02 pm 

I'd want a ramp tool as well! :)

Like this:
Attachment:
ramp.jpg [46.85 KiB]
Downloaded 417 times

Would be a cheap way of allowing manual roads, etc.
A negative ramp would allow for rivers, etc.