PnP TerrainCreator - Forum

The PnP TerrainCreator Forum
It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:02 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Navigation keys
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:15 am 

Almost all games will navigate using the A, W, S, D keys. It would be nice to be able to use these instead of the arrow keys to navigate around. I noticed that the S key was used for something else. Perhaps, something could be worked out, or some level of customization there if something can be arranged?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:06 am 
Programmierdochfix

I've heard this whish before. Currently the S key is used to blend in statistics of the terrain scene and the A key is used for reducing the size of the tool. That's the reason why I so far didn't have implemented this whish.

With one of our future release we will add customizable key sets. So I fear an AWSD will have to wait until then.

Post subject: Another suggestion
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:11 pm 

I think a customizable keyboard list would be fine, when you get around to that. But I also, have one other request. As I've navigated around, I've discovered it somewhat of a pain navigating vertically. I've been using the middle mouse roller to go up and down vertically, but It takes a long time to get up high enough to get a decent overview. I would be nice to be able to hit the shift key and then the middle mouse button to be able to ascend quickly. Do you know what I mean?

I realized that the page up and page down keys do the same thing. I suppose a shift combination could be applied there as well?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:04 am 
Graphicanissimus

holding page up/down makes the move more smoother and faster than rolling the middle mouse button so i dont know if it's necessary to make it more faster but it's surly not a worse idea to apply the shift key to it. :D

Post subject: Work around
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:34 am 

Well, what I've been doing currently is using the both the page buttons and the middle mouse button. For example, I will hold the page up button and then once it starts to move I will also roll the middle mouse button at the same time. It speeds it up a little, but still seems a bit slow as it could be. It would even be helpful if there was just a button that would toggle between being close to the ground and being high above it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:43 am 
Graphicanissimus

I can't promise anything about it so let's wait till mastermind Ralf has returned to see what he's thinking. :D he will be back in a few days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:31 am 
Programmierdochfix

Well, not back at home, but just bought 1-day-internet for 8 Euros at the hotel :cry: .

Speed-up with shift and far/near with (lets say) Alt would be no difficulty.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]