PnP TerrainCreator - Forum

The PnP TerrainCreator Forum
It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:59 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: SDK support for .Net framework and XNA Game Studio Exporter
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:09 pm 

Hi,

It would be really great if the SDK allows programmers to write plugins using .Net framework so that he is not restricted to learn C++.

Exporter to allow PnP Terrain Creator to export 3d world's to XNA Game Studio.

Support for using Shaders in PnP Terrain Creator would be a great add on to bring realism. Just a possibility to call shaders and apply them. We can writes shaders using FX Composer and use them in PnP Terrain Creator.

I hope to see these features very soon in this software.

Last but not least...... Level Of Detail support. Thats its.... with this features and the existing features in software we are all set to create realistic 3D Game worlds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:33 pm 
Programmierdochfix

Welcome,

after doing a bit of research I think there are three possibilities for using the SDK with .Net languages.

1. Would be possible without any change to the SDK. One can create a mixed mode DLL in which unmanaged/native code implements the DLL loading and the implementation of the PlugIn functionality can be done with managed/.Net code. However, this would be quite cumbersome, so this would only be a solution if one wants to use the SDK with .Net right now and has some experiences with such thinks.

2. I could add COM interfaces to PnP TerrainCreator which can be implemented from .Net languages. This is, however, would require too many changes within PnP TerrainCreator, so I don't think, this is the right way to go.

3. I could build a wrapper dll which wraps all interface stuff and loads all available .Net PlugIns. This seems to be a reasonable approach to me. But will take some time until it will be available.

Would it be possible for you to create the XNA export, once a .Net interface would be available?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:48 pm 

I think the 3rd option is the best choice.....building a wrapper around the existing stuff.

I would be very very thankful to you if make it available as early as possible. I love your tool and its amazing.....it has all the stuff i need. I am very good at C# than in C++.

Please have a look at the attachment.

What is the best way to get rid of those texture repetition. I have made them seamless....even then i have this problem?

Can you make some more brushes available to make painting on terrains more flexible and texture should rotate in the direction the brush is moving?

Attachments:
sample.jpg [736.78 KiB]
Downloaded 791 times