PnP TerrainCreator - Forum

The PnP TerrainCreator Forum
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:32 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: Auto texture crash
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:05 am 

I don't know if this has been reported.When i try to run auto texture sometimes terrain creator crashes .I really don't know what causes that

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:19 pm 
Programmierdochfix

sometimes is always bad.

I haven't heard of that problem before. But I'll take a look at it. Can you somehow isolate the constraints of the crash?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:40 pm 
happen to me too, but not since 1.1.7. The first time (after loading PnP) auto-texturing worked fine, but normally the second times it was crashing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 9:59 pm 
Graphicanissimus

hi, i tried it out to reproduce this crash with several settings..
different fileformats and so on again and again but without success so far.
Just like Ralf said before, could you please give us some more information about when this happends to you and how often?

thanks in advance.
Tim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:24 am 

i am starting to get this error as well. here's how it's happening...

- create and auto terrain all sectors (6x6)
- go to sector 3/3
- edit terrain a little
- choose object tab
- place town.x
- choose texture tab (takes a loooong time to load, progress bar at the bottom repeats 6 - 7 times... "Creating Texture Map" i think
- choose auto texture (grass.jpg 0 - 45 degrees, dirt.jpg 45 - 90 degrees)
- screenshot and error log below:

PnP TerrainCreator Error-Log
==============================================================
INFO: Execution path: 'C:\Program Files\PnP TerrainCreator\' (in CPnPTerrainCreatorApp::InitInstance)
Error: Error opening virtual file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Mark1\Desktop\TERRAIN\Sectors\0002-0003.obj' (in CVirtualFileLoader::Load)
Error: Error opening chunked file. (in CChunkedFile::Load)
Error: Error opening virtual file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Mark1\Desktop\TERRAIN\Sectors\0002-0004.obj' (in CVirtualFileLoader::Load)
Error: Error opening virtual file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Mark1\Desktop\TERRAIN\Sectors\0002-0002.obj' (in CVirtualFileLoader::Load)
Error: Error opening virtual file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Mark1\Desktop\TERRAIN\Sectors\0003-0004.obj' (in CVirtualFileLoader::Load)
Error: Error opening virtual file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Mark1\Desktop\TERRAIN\Sectors\0003-0002.obj' (in CVirtualFileLoader::Load)
Error: Error opening virtual file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Mark1\Desktop\TERRAIN\Sectors\0004-0003.obj' (in CVirtualFileLoader::Load)
Error: Error opening virtual file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Mark1\Desktop\TERRAIN\Sectors\0004-0004.obj' (in CVirtualFileLoader::Load)
Error: Error opening virtual file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Mark1\Desktop\TERRAIN\Sectors\0004-0002.obj' (in CVirtualFileLoader::Load)
Error: Error opening virtual file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Mark1\Desktop\TERRAIN\Sectors\0003-0003.tex' (in CVirtualFileLoader::Load)
Error: Error opening virtual file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Mark1\Desktop\TERRAIN\Sectors\0002-0003.tex' (in CVirtualFileLoader::Load)
Error: Error opening virtual file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Mark1\Desktop\TERRAIN\Sectors\0002-0004.tex' (in CVirtualFileLoader::Load)
Error: Error opening virtual file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Mark1\Desktop\TERRAIN\Sectors\0002-0002.tex' (in CVirtualFileLoader::Load)
Error: Error opening virtual file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Mark1\Desktop\TERRAIN\Sectors\0003-0004.tex' (in CVirtualFileLoader::Load)
Error: Error opening virtual file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Mark1\Desktop\TERRAIN\Sectors\0003-0002.tex' (in CVirtualFileLoader::Load)
Error: Error opening virtual file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Mark1\Desktop\TERRAIN\Sectors\0004-0003.tex' (in CVirtualFileLoader::Load)
Error: Error opening virtual file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Mark1\Desktop\TERRAIN\Sectors\0004-0004.tex' (in CVirtualFileLoader::Load)
Error: Error opening virtual file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Mark1\Desktop\TERRAIN\Sectors\0004-0002.tex' (in CVirtualFileLoader::Load)
Error: Error opening virtual file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Mark1\Desktop\TERRAIN\Sectors\0003-0003.veg' (in CVirtualFileLoader::Load)
Error: Error opening virtual file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Mark1\Desktop\TERRAIN\Sectors\0002-0003.veg' (in CVirtualFileLoader::Load)
Error: Error opening virtual file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Mark1\Desktop\TERRAIN\Sectors\0002-0004.veg' (in CVirtualFileLoader::Load)
Error: Error opening virtual file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Mark1\Desktop\TERRAIN\Sectors\0002-0002.veg' (in CVirtualFileLoader::Load)
Error: Error opening virtual file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Mark1\Desktop\TERRAIN\Sectors\0003-0004.veg' (in CVirtualFileLoader::Load)
Error: Error opening virtual file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Mark1\Desktop\TERRAIN\Sectors\0003-0002.veg' (in CVirtualFileLoader::Load)
Error: Error opening virtual file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Mark1\Desktop\TERRAIN\Sectors\0004-0003.veg' (in CVirtualFileLoader::Load)
Error: Error opening virtual file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Mark1\Desktop\TERRAIN\Sectors\0004-0004.veg' (in CVirtualFileLoader::Load)
Error: Error opening virtual file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Mark1\Desktop\TERRAIN\Sectors\0004-0002.veg' (in CVirtualFileLoader::Load)
Error: Error opening virtual file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Mark1\Desktop\TERRAIN\Sectors\0002-0003.obj' (in CVirtualFileLoader::Load)
Error: Error opening virtual file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Mark1\Desktop\TERRAIN\Sectors\0002-0004.obj' (in CVirtualFileLoader::Load)
Error: Error opening virtual file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Mark1\Desktop\TERRAIN\Sectors\0002-0002.obj' (in CVirtualFileLoader::Load)
Error: Error opening virtual file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Mark1\Desktop\TERRAIN\Sectors\0003-0004.obj' (in CVirtualFileLoader::Load)
Error: Error opening virtual file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Mark1\Desktop\TERRAIN\Sectors\0003-0002.obj' (in CVirtualFileLoader::Load)
Error: Error opening virtual file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Mark1\Desktop\TERRAIN\Sectors\0004-0003.obj' (in CVirtualFileLoader::Load)
Error: Error opening virtual file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Mark1\Desktop\TERRAIN\Sectors\0004-0004.obj' (in CVirtualFileLoader::Load)
Error: Error opening virtual file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Mark1\Desktop\TERRAIN\Sectors\0004-0002.obj' (in CVirtualFileLoader::Load)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:22 pm 
Graphicanissimus

Thanks mark for this detailed report.
Seems like i should take another deep look into the debug version
to find out where the error comes from in the next days. Last time i tried it out for about.. huh, 40-50 times but it didnt crashed ;-/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:33 pm 

Mark - What Sector size are you using?

There is a problem with the Texture Map process for Sector sizes less than 1024. Since you said it seemed to hang up on the texture map creation process and the progress bar seemed to be on sterioids, I just wondered if it could have something to do with this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:35 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:25 pm 
Programmierdochfix

OK, thanks. We keep on trying reproducing this error :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:32 pm 
Programmierdochfix

Some news:

Unfortunately I haven't saved the files of the Beta release, so I cannot track the address of the crash :oops: .

But I just added a crash-reporting system to the TC. So with the next beta release we will find this bug.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:53 pm 
Programmierdochfix

I could not reproduce that error, but I found some pice of code which might have caused it. I think this one is solved with version 1.1.8. If not please let me know.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]