PnP TerrainCreator - Forum

The PnP TerrainCreator Forum
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:30 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Splatting Indexed Export
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:23 am 

Hi,

when I'm using Texture Splatting Indexed Export I'm getting a file exactly what I wanted. But I would be nice to have an .txt file that describes that index0 = textureXXX, index1 = textureXXXX und so weiter. Don't you think? Or that function maybe already is there but in another exporter?

Maybe also that you don't get more index number (colours) in the output file than you have textures? So if you have 10 textures you have 10 index from 0 to 9?

/Tobias

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:41 am 
Programmierdochfix

Quote:
when I'm using Texture Splatting Indexed Export I'm getting a file exactly what I wanted. But I would be nice to have an .txt file that describes that index0 = textureXXX, index1 = textureXXXX und so weiter. Don't you think? Or that function maybe already is there but in another exporter?

Shit, yes, I planned to add such a text file. But I wanted to finish these things yesterday and had not so much time, so I forgot about it. I'll add it this evening. Currently they should be indexed in alphabetical order (as they are displayed within the texture manager in TC)

Quote:
Maybe also that you don't get more index number (colours) in the output file than you have textures? So if you have 10 textures you have 10 index from 0 to 9?

Yes, that's right. But I'm currently using the index numbers as they are used within TC. This has the advantage, that you have unique IDs for the texture, even if you export different sectors to different files. The disadvantage is, that you might have textures that are not referenced within the index texture. Is this a problem? If so, I could add an option for the exporter to change this behavior.

The maximum number of different textures is 256 due to the palletized (I always don't know if there's a double l or a double t) bitmap format. But that should be more than enough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:21 pm 
Programmierdochfix

Here is a new version of that PlugIn that creates an additional txt file with the required info about the texture indices.

[EDIT]
Removed the link, because the file is included with the setup of version 1.1.8

Last edited by Ralf on Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:18 pm 

I'll test that. gl to me self 8)

Been testing now, looks nice

A feature about the .txt file is maybe to choose the output structure.
But, when you have the world file export for CS this thing would be there.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]