PnP TerrainCreator - Forum

The PnP TerrainCreator Forum
It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:31 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: registration info..
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 11:39 am 

I purchased std edition yesterday, and each time I run the programme, I'm asked to fill out all the registration details, serial # etc. This is obviously not correct. I also have the update installed. Any assistance appreciated, as is your prompt response. Tks.
PS Sorry, looks like I'm in the wrong forum section, but would still like a fix for this problem. Cheers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:06 pm 
Programmierdochfix

Hi, I'm very sory for this. It is surely not correct. Could you please give me some information about your system. Operation System, ServicePack, Network cards.

And can you please take a look into the log file within the installation directory? (it can be opened with notepad for example)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:06 pm 

My system specs: windows xp home(sp1), p4 2.4 (ht), 1gb ddr400 ram, nvidia geforcefx5900xtv. The error log is empty, but I did notice that after I downloaded and installed the "demo-terrain", I now have a 'terrain creator-ce' folder installed as well as my std version. Maybe that is causing the confusion? Tks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:20 pm 
Programmierdochfix

Hmm, yes please uninstall everything (CE and STD) and remove the folders, if they are not completely deleted automatically for some reason.

Afterwards install the STD as complete setup not as update. Having CE and STD installed on the same system might cause some troubles.

I hope that helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 8:09 am 

Tks for the quick replies Ralf, but it was my own stupid mistake. I didn't realize the demo terrain is set up to be installed into pnptc-ce by default, so it was creating the folder in order to install...as soon as I deleted the ce folder, and installed the demo into my std folder, all was well :) The program works fine, but I have a question: what exactly is the 'grass' sub-folder going to do for the program. At the moment, I'm putting all vegetaion (trees, grass, weeds, flowers etc), in the trees folder so I can place them on the terrain, the drawback being this will eat into the number of "trees" I can place in one sector. Will the grass folder alleviate this? Again, fine program gents, and a job well done, I'm looking forward to spending time with this program.
PS I also bought both the treemagik3 and plantlife programs, and I've had no problems whatsoever importing them into pnptc-std. Thanks again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:15 pm 
Programmierdochfix

Good to hear that it now works, and thanks for your kind words :)

As it usually doesn't make sense to have CE and STD installed on the same system, we will change the default installation folder for the CE version with the next release to avoid such problems.

for the grass question:
currently the 'grass' folder is ignored by the program. Of course you can place the grass/plant objects created with plantlife into the 'tree' folder. But the problem is exactly as you mentioned: the number of trees is limited and usually you will need alot more grass objects than trees.

Thats why we decided to have a separate grass feature. Usually tree placements require some finetuning by hand while grasses can be placed automatically as you walk through the terrain based on texture, height and slope. You surely don't want to place all grasses by hand but you would simply like to say "in this area I want these types of grass with a percentage coverage of xx". That is what we want to do in the future.

Actually the grass feature was planned to come with the next release. But as time is moving much too fast and we have added a lot of other features for the next release, I will have to defer it a bit. But it will of course come.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]