PnP TerrainCreator - Forum

The PnP TerrainCreator Forum
It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:44 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Bug with "Show Comments" check box
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:48 am 

Hi,

I'm looking around for a terrain editor/generator and came across PnPTC. So far I'm very impressed, especially with the interface and the support you good folks are providing in the forum. My biggest concern is the lack of functionality in the gernator. Is this an area you intend to expand on?

Anyway, I'm digressing before I begin. On to the bug report:

01. Started up PnPTC
02. Started new project - default settings
03. Double clicked on sector to open up
04. Changed to 3D view
05. Noticed the "Show Comments" checkbox and clicked out of curiosity
06. Boom...

This happens everytime without fail.

Had a wee look at the crash report and saw it's trying to read the file located defined by the reg key Software\PnP TerrainCreator\BaseSpeed which doesn't seem to exist in regedit (if you want a copy of the regedit file let me know, but I would rather not post it in the forum).

In case it's of any use my basic hardware is:
AMD 64 3500+
1Gb RAM
Radeon X700 SE

Hmmm, that's all I can think of. It's such an easy bug to create it's prob already been posted and fixed but not yet released. Whether or not I end up purchasing PnPTC good luck for the future, you're doing a top end job.

Tim

Perth (Scotland)

Attachments:
PnPTC-CrashReport.zip [15.91 KiB]
Downloaded 484 times

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:55 pm 
Programmierdochfix

Hello Tim,
first of all, thank you very much for your kind words. And you are right, possibly the biggest concern about the program is the generator. A while back we decided to first finish everything regarding manual terrain modelling, and when this is done revise the generator capabilities. Unfortunately such a "while" can take its time ;) But sooner or later we will work on better generator capabilities. Until then you could use L3DT or terragen. TC can import heightmaps from both programs.

The comments feature is new and was added with the last release. So I had not much feedback on it until now. But it wasn't producing a crash on our test systems. Thank you for the error report. I will take a look at it over the weekend. But the missing registry key is not the source of error. The missing value is defaulted to a valid value.

Ralf

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 8:56 am 
Programmierdochfix

Hi,
I fixed that bug. Thanks again for the error report. We will release a beta for the next release this evening, where this bug is fixed.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]