PnP TerrainCreator - Forum

The PnP TerrainCreator Forum
It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:50 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: raw heightmap import
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:04 am 

If I build it, I get (in a build solution and a compile of AreaDisplayCtrl.cpp):

1>c:\documents and settings\art\my documents\user\pnpterraincreator\plugin sdk\samples\pnptcutils\controls\areadisplayctrl.cpp(4) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'stdafx.h': No such file or directory

All other files compile ok. I attempted to figure this out, but ran out of ideas other than to recreate new copies of the .cpp and .h by hand. Or, maybe there is something simple I missed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:38 am 
Programmierdochfix

Well, I had a few problems for reusing controls and dialogs across all plugins, without complicating everything by creating libs or dlls or something like that. Thats why I ended up putting several copies of the importareadialog into all projects that need it, because VS wouldn't let me share resources (multiple .rc and resource.h files) over multiple projects. Well different story....

To solve this one, simply add

Code:
#include <afxwin.h>

after

Code:
#pragma once

to the AreaDisplayCtrl.h file

and remove

Code:
#include "stdafx.h"

from the AreaDisplayCtrl.cpp file

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:22 pm 

OK. That allowed the build to complete successfully. I did get: 1> WINVER not defined. Defaulting to 0x0502 (Windows Server 2003)

I have not played much with solution configurations, but couldn't you place the import area dialog in a common folder and then "add existing item" to the solution?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:52 pm 
Programmierdochfix

You can add

Code:
#ifndef WINVER
#if _MSC_VER >= 1300
#define WINVER 0x0500
#else
#define WINVER 0x0400
#endif
#endif

at the beginning of the AreaDisplayCtrl.cpp file, if you want to avoid this warning.

Yes, copying them to a common folder would be possible with the .cpp and .h files. But when I tried to use common resource files (.rc) for the dialog, VS made some funny things and nothing worked any more. Well, I haven't tried very hard to make these things work. Maybe I'll try again before releasing the next SDK version.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:19 pm 

I added the code and got a clean build. Thanks.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]