PnP TerrainCreator - Forum

The PnP TerrainCreator Forum
It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:50 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Beta 1.1.7.5
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:07 pm 

I installed the august directx sdk. I don't know what happened there. However now I still have problems. Attached is the build output along with the build log for one of the plugins. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments:
BuildOutput.zip [5.42 KiB]
Downloaded 532 times

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:10 pm 
Programmierdochfix

The main program should not be running, when you compile the plugins, as the plugin installation (post build event) will fail.

To compile the ODE physics plugin and the crystal space (CS) object PlugIns you need the headers of that engines.

The precompiled header error: simply retry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:47 pm 

The main program was not running. "rebuild all" produces the post buld errors, "rebuild" does not, but does produce the following. Are all of the failures either the physics or cs stuff?? Thanks.

1>------ Build started: Project: PnPTCBMPGrassMapExportPlugIn, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
2>------ Build started: Project: PnPTCCSFileObjectsPlugIn, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>Compiling...
2>Compiling...
1>BitmapFile.cpp
1>c:\documents and settings\art\my documents\user\pnpterraincreator\plugin sdk\samples\pnptcutils\bitmapfile.cpp(394) : fatal error C1010: unexpected end of file while looking for precompiled header. Did you forget to add '#include "stdafx.h"' to your source?
1>Exporter.cpp
2>csstaticlinking.cpp
1>c:\documents and settings\art\my documents\user\pnpterraincreator\plugin sdk\samples\pnptcutils\exporter.cpp(1754) : warning C4005: 'BYTES_PER_PIXEL' : macro redefinition
1> c:\documents and settings\art\my documents\user\pnpterraincreator\plugin sdk\samples\pnptcutils\exporter.cpp(1085) : see previous definition of 'BYTES_PER_PIXEL'
1>c:\documents and settings\art\my documents\user\pnpterraincreator\plugin sdk\samples\pnptcutils\exporter.cpp(2215) : warning C4005: 'BYTES_PER_PIXEL' : macro redefinition
1> c:\documents and settings\art\my documents\user\pnpterraincreator\plugin sdk\samples\pnptcutils\exporter.cpp(1754) : see previous definition of 'BYTES_PER_PIXEL'
1>c:\documents and settings\art\my documents\user\pnpterraincreator\plugin sdk\samples\pnptcutils\exporter.cpp(3107) : fatal error C1010: unexpected end of file while looking for precompiled header. Did you forget to add '#include "stdafx.h"' to your source?
1>utils.cpp
1>c:\documents and settings\art\my documents\user\pnpterraincreator\plugin sdk\samples\pnptcutils\utils.cpp(422) : fatal error C1010: unexpected end of file while looking for precompiled header. Did you forget to add '#include "stdafx.h"' to your source?
1>Generating Code...
1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Documents and Settings\Art\My Documents\User\PnPTerrainCreator\PlugIn SDK\Samples\PnPTCBMPGrassMapExportPlugIn\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
1>PnPTCBMPGrassMapExportPlugIn - 3 error(s), 2 warning(s)
3>------ Build started: Project: PnPTCODEPhysicsPlugIn, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
3>Compiling...
3>stdafx.cpp
2>c:\documents and settings\art\my documents\user\pnpterraincreator\plugin sdk\samples\pnptccsfileobjectsplugin\csstaticlinking.cpp(4) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'cssysdef.h': No such file or directory
2>PnPTCCSFileObjectsPlugIn.cpp
3>c:\documents and settings\art\my documents\user\pnpterraincreator\plugin sdk\samples\pnptcodephysicsplugin\stdafx.h(35) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'ode/ode.h': No such file or directory
3>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Documents and Settings\Art\My Documents\User\PnPTerrainCreator\PlugIn SDK\Samples\PnPTCODEPhysicsPlugIn\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
3>PnPTCODEPhysicsPlugIn - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
4>------ Skipped Build: Project: PnPTCXFileHMapExportPlugIn, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
4>Project not selected to build for this solution configuration
5>------ Build started: Project: PnPTCSoundFModPlugIn, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
5>Compiling...
5>stdafx.cpp
2>c:\documents and settings\art\my documents\user\pnpterraincreator\plugin sdk\samples\pnptccsfileobjectsplugin\pnptccsfileobjectsplugin.h(40) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'cstool/importkit.h': No such file or directory
2>Generating Code...
2>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Documents and Settings\Art\My Documents\User\PnPTerrainCreator\PlugIn SDK\Samples\PnPTCCSFileObjectsPlugIn\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
2>PnPTCCSFileObjectsPlugIn - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)
5>c:\documents and settings\art\my documents\user\pnpterraincreator\plugin sdk\samples\pnptcsoundfmodplugin\stdafx.h(34) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'fmod.h': No such file or directory
5>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Documents and Settings\Art\My Documents\User\PnPTerrainCreator\PlugIn SDK\Samples\PnPTCSoundFModPlugIn\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
5>PnPTCSoundFModPlugIn - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 4 failed, 32 up-to-date, 1 skipped ==========

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:20 pm 
Programmierdochfix

Well something caused the post build step (installation of the plugin dll) to fail. There are 2 possible reasons for it. A running main program or you manually moved the main program from its installation directory to somewhere else, so the installation routine could not find the plugin folder.

You cannot build the PlugIns PnPTCCSFileObjectsPlugIn, PnPTCODEPhysicsPlugIn, and PnPTCSoundFModPlugIn unless you have installed the SDKs/libraries on which they are build; namely CrystalSpace, ODE, FMod.

Turn on automatically generated precompiled headers in order to build the grass plugin. Don't know yet, why it isn't working on your machine. This setting is correct here at my installation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:26 pm 

There is another way to get the post build error; the plugins folder was missing. I deleted it when "cleaning up" before reinstalling the sdk... So, I understand about the physics, etc. except that I have not yet been able to find in visual studio where to turn on the use of precompiled headers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:38 am 
Programmierdochfix

Well, deleting the PlugIn directory is not the best idea. That directory is created (and filled) during the installation of the main program and not with the SDK installation. As most functionalities of the program are implemented via those PlugIns, you shouldn't delete them and expect anything to work.

I'd suggest to reinstall the main program.

To activate automatically generated precompiled headers, right click on the PnPTCBMPGrassMapExportPlugIn project in the project workspace tree view and select properies. Select C++, precompiled headers. Activate compiler option "/YX" in the field "create/use precompiled headers".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:38 am 

I only have a /Yu option...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]