PnP TerrainCreator - Forum

The PnP TerrainCreator Forum
It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:53 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 
 Post subject: Missing .h
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:07 am 

I am attempting to build the map import dll and I get: 1>c:\documents and settings\art\my\ocuments\user\pnpterraincreator\samples\pnptcbmphmapimportplugin\stdafx.h(17) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'IPnPTCImportPlugIn.h': No such file or directory.

ps. what is: PnPTCRAWHMapImportPlugIn?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:16 am 
Programmierdochfix

Quote:
fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'IPnPTCImportPlugIn.h': No such file or directory.

See SDK's "1st steps" manual chapter 2 and add the includes path to the project settings or the global VisualStudio settings.
(The next release of the SDK will use relative paths)

Quote:
ps. what is: PnPTCRAWHMapImportPlugIn?

Import from binary data.
See TC manual chapter 11.2.3

PS: a few files have been missing with the latest SDK version (but not the "IPnPTCImportPlugIn.h") (see http://www.pnp-terraincreator.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=236)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:58 pm 

The raw import plugin is missing a resource.h file. I tried copying one from the other import plugin and now get:
error C2059: syntax error : '__declspec(dllexport)'. So before I spend time attempting to figure it out/fix it up, would you please send me or post the folder contents for the raw and bmp plugins that successfully build.

Also the bmp needs d3d9.h and perhaps other directx files. Do you have them? should they have been included in your file set? or do I have to get them from microsoft? I don't yet have the directx sdk.

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:40 pm 
Programmierdochfix

Yes, there have been a few files missing with the last SDK version. The __declspec(dllexport) error is new with Visual Studio 2005 (in Visual Studio 2003 it was just a warning), but it can be fixed by simply putting the functions return value behind the __declspec(dllexport) and not in front of it as it currently is.

I started on Saturday making the SDK compatible with Visual Studio 2005. I'll send you the updated SDK when I'm finished with it.

d3d9.h is a file from the DirectX SDK. Microsoft's EULA will surely not permit me to redistribute these files, so you will have to download and install it the official way. But if you just want to use/extend the RAW file format, you could remove all the other functions from the export source file and so get rid of the DirectX dependencies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:37 pm 

OK. I'll wait until I get a new pnp sdk. I could modify the code to illiminate the directx dependency, but I would rather start with something untouched that builds and runs, then proceed from there. And, I should be getting the directx sdk in a few days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:38 am 
Programmierdochfix

I uploaded a beta release of the SDK.
If you use the beta SDK, you should also update to the current beta release of the main program.
Your download account is alredy updated to download beta releases.

The beta SDK version contains project files for VisualStudio 2003 and 2005. Unfortunately the PlugIns can not be build with the Express edition of VisualStudio 2005 yet, one needs at least the Standard Edition of it.

Which development environment do you use?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:06 pm 

OK. I will check it out. I am using vs2005.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:52 am 

I can now build the raw input plugin. Thanks. Is there a function that will return the number of x and y sectors in the sector definition map?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:14 am 
Programmierdochfix

Of course:

unsigned int CIPnPTCTerrain01::GetNumSectorsX()
unsigned int CIPnPTCTerrain01::GetNumSectorsY()

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:33 pm 

Thanks. I can mod the raw input code and it runs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:15 am 
Programmierdochfix

Good to hear. So it could compile and link without problems with your VS2005? So, you surely have at least the standard version of it, right?

I only have the free Express edition of it. I could compile all the PlugIns with it, but I couldn't link them. The Express edition comes without the PlatformSDK and when I tried to link against the freely available PlatformSDK, it somehow doesn't work. But if it works with the Standard edition and upwards, without modifying anything, it would be fine.

So, did you had to change anything? Or could you build the code without modifications?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:36 am 

I have vs2005 standard. Expermenting, I have compiled, llinked, and debugged several of the plugins. The only thing I had to change is to point the debug output to the pnp plugins folder (rather than /debug) and the executable to the pnp .exe in my topmost pnp folder.

As an aside, after a few hours of experimenting (and swearing), I think I may have a way to import an entire heightmap (made in Photoshop) at the sector detail resolution and set the heights for all sectors.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:57 am 
Programmierdochfix

I added a post-build event to my project files, with which I copy the dll files to the plugin-directory of the program. But I removed this event from the released project files, because I cannot be sure, that the end user installs the SDK below the main directory of the program (the default location).

However, I have an idea how to overcome this. I'll add a small copy program to the SDK setup which only has the file to be copied as input parameter and searchs for the destination directory within the registry on its own. Then I can simply call this program in the post-build step and everything should work fine on all systems.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:51 pm 

Ralf wrote:
I uploaded a beta release of the SDK.
If you use the beta SDK, you should also update to the current beta release of the main program.
Your download account is alredy updated to download beta releases.

The beta SDK version contains project files for VisualStudio 2003 and 2005. Unfortunately the PlugIns can not be build with the Express edition of VisualStudio 2005 yet, one needs at least the Standard Edition of it.

Which development environment do you use?

Where can the beta release be downloaded? The latest release I can find is the 1.1.7 release (Feb 06 I think).

I have been able to resolve the issues with VS 2005 though so not sure I need the beta release for anything else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:54 pm 
Programmierdochfix

Have you already been registered for beta downloads? I think so, but I'm not sure. If you log into the download area, you should see the beta download directly below the released download (1.1.7). If not, please send me your download account name via private message here in the forum and I'll unlock it.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]