PnP TerrainCreator - Forum

The PnP TerrainCreator Forum
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:58 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Transferring terrain projects from CE to Standard Edition (?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:42 pm 

Hello all,

I'm a highly enthusiastic new user of PnP. But I have a terrible problem!

I created a terrain project on my laptop computer using the free Community Edition. But I want to avoid the watermark appearing on my heightmap, so I have purchased the Standard Edition.

I installed the Standard Edition on my desktop computer (which has better memoory and graphics card). Now I need to get my terrain project from my laptop to my desktop computer and enable PnP to open it, so I can finish working on the project.

Here's my problem: :?:

I can't get my existing project to transfer properly into the Standard Edition.

I tried copying all the relevant files from the project subfolder on my laptop onto a memory stick, and pasting them in a new subfolder on my desktop computer. Now I can open the project in PnP Standard Edition, but the heightmap is entirely black and flat (and none of my weeks of painstaking work is visible!) Then I tried importing a copy of the good heightmap in RAW format, and the heightmap in Standard Edition appears totally white and flat.

Someone please tell me the best way to transfer a project intact from one computer (using CE) to another computer (using Standard).

Post subject: Re: Transferring terrain projects from CE to Standard Edition (?
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:49 am 

Never mind - problem solved! I looked in the wrong folder. Once I copied the entire project main folder, everything worked.

Post subject: Re: Transferring terrain projects from CE to Standard Edition (?
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:38 am 
Programmierdochfix

Hi and welcome,

good to hear your problem is solved. Just a short note about this:
The files are all the same for CE, Std, and Pro edition. And the watermark is not included directly in the CE files, so all CE projects can be loaded into any other edition and no water marks will appear when exporting them. The only exception are the lightmaps. There the CE edition adds the watermark to the bitmaps, so the lightmaps have to be regenerated with the higher editions.

Ralf