PnP TerrainCreator - Forum

The PnP TerrainCreator Forum
It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:43 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Ogre scene exporter (meshfile and z coord)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:26 am 

I noticed that for trees etc the 'meshFile' attribute under entity is exported as 'meshfile' (lower case 'f') and 'name' attribute is the same for all nodes (under Entity) which is a problem as I need a unique name for each. Is there a way around this other than changing the XML parser? Another question is, when I do the export on a terrain with 1 vertex defined as more than 1 meter, the placement of trees etc is offset (only along the Z axis) by the actual terrain width (e.g. 1024) multiplied by the meters factor more than the default of 1 meters (e.g. If terrain is created with 10 meters per vertex in the editor, offset in ogre=(10-1)*1024). So for the trees etc and the terrain to be in the same frame of reference, I have to either shift the whole terrain in the -ve direction or shift all the objects in +ve direction, by that offset. Is there a way around this within the TerrainCreator? Currently I'm hardcoding the solution for both upon parsing and reading the XML.

Edit: Corrected the remark on Z axis. I realize after seeing the entire terrain at once that the relative orientation is right, just the offset is not.

Post subject: Re: Ogre scene exporter (meshfile and z coord)
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 9:23 pm 

Probably related to this:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=901