PnP TerrainCreator - Forum

The PnP TerrainCreator Forum
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:55 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: export not possible..?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:16 pm 

Hey, i'm new to pnp Terrain Creator. So i started with the demo terrain to see how it looks and how things are setup.
I'm also trying to export the demo terrain to a .OBJ file so i have all the trees, textures and grass etc. But everytime when i try to do thiat i get the following error message:

Quote:
Export not possible: The texture map and the light map have different dimensions.
Please create both maps with the same number of pixels per heightmap element.

When i export i use "Mesh Exporters -> Heightmap to OBJ-File Export", with the following settings:

I have no idea how to check the dimensions to i can export this to an obj file. Could someone please tell me how to solve this??

Thanks for any help.

Post subject: Re: export not possible..?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:58 pm 

I've disabled the Lightmap, and now it exports with no problems.
But i get alot of obj, mtl and dds files... How on earth can i use that in my game engine (TrueVision3D) as an entrie world? I mean, i want it to look exactly like it does in PNP Terrain Creator. But i have no idea how to do that with all those files sepperately.. Can someone please point me in the right direction on what to do here??

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:49 pm 
Programmierdochfix

Hi and welcome.

first of all. The obj exporter only exports the world geometry and not the objects on the word. It is also possible to export/convert the models but you will have to use the SDK for this.

The number of exported files can be controlled with the patch size parameter, which divides the sector into smaller files. So setting the maximum value for this parameter generates one file per sector.

If you want to combine the light and texture map into one single texture, currently both maps have to be created with the same resolution.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:42 am 

Yup indeed. I believe that image conversion work can be much faster and simpler if you have a fine converting SDK. I am I am testing about the related programs these days. I want to look for a fine conversion toolkit whose way of processing is simple and fast to help me with the related work. It will be better if it is totally manual and can be customized by users according to our own favors. Do you have any ideas about it? Or any good suggestion? Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Arron