PnP TerrainCreator - Forum

The PnP TerrainCreator Forum
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:44 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Problem making a plugin
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:47 pm 

Hi, i'm an amateur programmer. I'm very impressed for this great terrain creator.

Well, i'm programming a exporter and i'm trying to use DevIL, when i include in the plugin the calls to this library PnP tell me that cannot load the plugin, when i remove the calls to the DevIL DLL the plugin works fine but i cannot export textures in other formats like png or jpg.

Please someone can help me?

Thank you, best regards.

(sorry by my english i'm Spanish)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:15 am 
Programmierdochfix

Hi,

where is you devil.dll file located? It has to be in one of the system's search paths. So you could add it to the Win\System32 dir or into the installation directory of PnPTC ("c:\program files\pnp terraincreator" (for an englisch operating system)). Don't put it into the PlugIns directory of PnPTC as otherwise, the program would try to load it as plugin.

Hope that helps
Ralf

Post subject: Now works, thank you.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:49 am 

Hi,
Sorry but this has been a silly issue. In my system32 directory has been an older version of DevIL, well i put the new compiled DevIL DLL version in pnp exe directory and now works fine.

Thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:25 am 
Programmierdochfix

Good to hear, that it works now.

Just of curiosity, are you creating a new exporter or are you extending the existing bitmap exporter to support more file formats? Would be an interesting idea, to just use the existing bitmap class of the bitmap exporter as a wrapper to the DevIL library in order to support all the formats of DevIL. Maybe I should integrate some library like DevIL into the plugins.

Post subject: More than this...
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:01 pm 

Hi Ralf, i'm programming an exporter for Ogre Terrain Manager, to export all necessary files to work with these plugin of Ogre.

The idea is to export textures in a compressed format just to run in Ogre without have to make changes or conversions.

If it works, will be a good deal to include this exporter in PnP Terrain Creator.

Is a good idea to include support for more file formats in PnP plugins, too...

Best regards.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]