PnP TerrainCreator - Forum

The PnP TerrainCreator Forum
It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:28 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: A few problems
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:52 am 

Subject to the need to reflect the image, an entire 11x11 sector terrain did load using the new beta.
1. As before the new map did not appear until I closed the scene and reopened it.
2. The "select input area" dialog is not closed when one clicks ok. It should, so that one can work with other applications while loading a large heightmap.
3. The close or cancel button on the dialog is labelled "abbrechen".
4. It is good to chose the area to be loaded and the location in the file as you have it. It would also be good to be able to specify by sector offset and number of x,y sectors to load - - unless you plan to move away from editing by sector to editing by area (even though the data is saved by sector).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:24 am 
Programmierdochfix

Happy to hear, that it works.

1. I'll take a look at this issue this weekend.
2. Well, the dialog is closed before the import start. Unfortunately, as everything is working in the same thread, the main window doesn't receive a paint message, so one cannot see, that the dialog is closed. The problem, that you cannot work with other programs, will probably be the heavy CPU load.
3. Ooops :oops: *g thanks
4. That's the first version of this dialog in which one can directly input the parameters needed by the importer framework. Further parameters like scale factors in x and y direction and an option for maintaining the aspect ration are planned. Specifying the offset as sector coordinates is good idea. Will add this too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:41 pm 

I know it's a bit more work, but the dialog should be made to disappear. Although you would not need to use threads to do so, they are fun..... and give one many more options to application design...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:05 pm 
Programmierdochfix

I'm using separate threads in some places (the rendering for example). So I'm very well aware of their benefits. But all PlugIn calls are (still) made directly from the user interface thread. And you need to put them into a separate thread if you want the main window to be repainted, because the paint messages will not be processed as long as the thread is inside a long lasting operation like importing.

However, this program behaviour is not really critical it is just not very nice. So I'll surely change it some when. But I think it is not the most important thing to work on at the moment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:10 pm 

I agree....

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]